For registration the course info is UNST 399U Upper Div Cluster: Experiential Pathways.
WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT THE CLASS?
To learn more about the Experiential Pathways Course, please get started by reading the syllabus and the quick guide about the community internship piece of this community-based learning opportunity. The clusters eligible for this course include Knowledge, Values & Rationality; Leading Social Change; Families & Society; Popular Culture; and Interpreting the Past.
ALREADY FOUND A VOLUNTEER PLACEMENT OR INTERNSHIP?
Fill out the Course Application prior to the start of the term!
NEED HELP FINDING AN INTERNSHIP OR VOLUNTEER PLACEMENT?
Read up on How to Locate an Internship
Use the online and in-person resources at PSU Office of Advising & Career Services throughout your search (pdx.edu/careers)
Check out this list of Non Profit Organizations (for possible internships) to look for leads and possible internship sites Important: This list represents organizations that may have internship opportunities and not a list of guaranteed internship sites. You must contact the organizations directly to inquire about available opportunities.
Search online job databases, professional associations’ webpages, and organizational or company webpages
Check out the Volunteer Opportunities links on the right of the page
Network, network, network: Talk to faculty, advisers, family, friends, classmates, and community members
When you’re ready to contact potential community partners:
- Create or update your résumé and have Advising & Career Services staff review
- Research the organization or company
- Write a cover letter and customize your résumé to the specific position
- Contact a community partner to propose creating an internship opportunity
- Send this Community Partner Intro Letter to explain the course
- Brush up on your interview skills
- Be prepared to ask your interviewer well-considered questions
For additional assistance with your internship search or resume and cover letter critique, please contact the PSU Office of Advising & Career Services.